Empowering the next generation of Muslims
- High school senior or older
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to meet tutee at a central location
- Provide resume
- Provide transcript
- Represents Golden Age in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Attend tutor orientation/training conducted by academic services director.
- Keep and maintain regular and accurate records of tutoring sessions using the appropriate forms provided by Golden Age.
- Ask students about specific topics or subject areas that are giving them trouble or that warrant further exploration.
- Develop resources for students.
- Review recent homework assignment and test scores, and work through problems or questions that the student did not answer correctly.
- Employ proven study aids to prepare for upcoming tests and quizzes.
- Take notes during tutoring sessions so you can follow up with the student later.
- Communicate with parents/guardians about trouble areas or any other issue that requires attention.
Genuine interest in helping students to learn and develop study skills; extensive knowledge of the subject being tutored and the ability to communicate that knowledge to tutees; experience in leadership and learning style knowledge a plus Excellent level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality; exhibit appropriate and professional behavior at all times; self-motivated and possess a willingness to accept supervision and constructive feedback and implement recommendations for improvement as directed.
Commitment to creating a welcoming and positive environment and sensitive to student diversity; demonstrate above-average creative problem-solving, critical thinking, patience, and decision- making skills; leadership potential.
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to develop a positive rapport with the student.
- Ability to adjust coaching methods as needed to meet various learning styles of students.
- Established proficiency in the subject matter.
- Ability to work well with parents, students, and golden age team at a professional level.
- Be empathetic to students having difficulties.
- Capable of staying on task.
- Have excellent attendance and time management.
- Dress professional casual.
Interested in becoming a Golden Age Tutor? Apply below!